- Requirements for using the Pigeonhole Live Webex App
- How to set up the Pigeonhole Live Webex app for the first time?
- How to edit a Q&A session from the Admin view?
How to add a co-host to help you manage Q&As?
How to display questions and poll results on the meeting screen?
How to moderate questions and comments in the Admin View?
- How to manage settings and send announcements?
- Data and permissions policy
- Organisation-level settings and permissions
Requirements for using the Pigeonhole Live Webex App
Set up the Pigeonhole Live Webex App for the first time
1. In your Webex Meetings client, click on the Apps icon at the bottom of the window.
2. Select Pigeonhole Live in the app list.
3. Log in to your Pigeonhole Live account. You are required to log in to your Pigeonhole Live account using the same email address as your Webex account.
Note: If your existing Pigeonhole Live account uses a different email address from your Webex account, please contact us to update your Pigeonhole Live account’s email address.
4. If you have multiple workspaces associated with your account, select the workspace you would like to create sessions in and set it as the default workspace.
Create a session
1. Start a new or scheduled meeting and click on the Apps icon at the bottom right of your window and select Pigeonhole Live in the app list.
2. Select Continue to proceed with session creation. If you’d like to change your workspace, click on the dropdown to select a different workspace and select Set Workspace.
3. You may choose to create a new session for this meeting or select an existing Pigeonhole that you’ve created in your Pigeonhole Live Workspace.
If you select +New session, a Regular session with a nested Q&A will be automatically created for you. You can create multiple choice polls and word clouds directly in the app.
4. If you want to use an existing session, select the Pigeonhole that you’ve created in the dropdown menu. Then, select the session you would like to load.
|* This is perfect if you'd like to start engaging your attendees before the meeting! Simply share the link to the Audience Web App before the meeting for attendees to start asking questions and voting on polls. Attendees can continue engaging in the same sessions on the Pigeonhole Live Webex App when they join the meeting.|
The session you have selected (and its nested sessions) will load in your Webex Meeting. You can create more multiple choice polls and word clouds directly in the Pigeonhole Live Webex App.
When creating a Pigeonhole on your Workspace for the purpose of a Webex Meeting, we recommend that you follow the following setup:
First, create a Regular session. Then, create all the Q&As, Polls, Quizzes, and Surveys you would like to load in your Webex Meeting and nest them under the Regular session. Finally, select the Regular session when loading a session on the Pigeonhole Live Webex App.
5. Once you’re ready to share the Pigeonhole Live app with your meeting attendees, click on the Open for all button at the bottom of the window. Your attendees do not need to sign in to start submitting questions.
To stop sharing the app with your meeting attendees, click Stop. The Pigeonhole Live window will be closed for all your meeting attendees.
6. If you would like to bring your attendees’ focus to a specific session, click on the Cast button to instantly redirect your attendees to your chosen sessions on the Audience View.
How to edit a Q&A session from the Admin view?
With the Edit button, you can easily make changes to:
- Q&A name
- Q&A settings
There are two ways to edit a Q&A session.
1. In the Agenda page, click on the Edit button of the Q&A session you want to edit.
2. Alternatively, you can click directly on the Q&A session you want to edit.
3. Then, click on the Controls icon.
4. Under Session settings, click on the Edit button.
5. You can edit the Q&A name and/or Q&A settings here.
Note: Any changes you make to the Q&A settings during the meeting will only take effect on new responses submitted after the changes are saved.
6. Save your edits by clicking Save Q&A.
7. A confirmation prompt will appear once you have successfully made your edits.
8. If you decide not to make any edits, simply click Cancel.
9. A prompt will appear for you to confirm your decision. If you click Leave, any edits made will not be saved. If you choose to Stay on Page, you can continue editing the Q&A session.
Add co-hosts to help you manage Q&As
You can add a co-host to help you manage Q&A and Poll sessions on the Pigeonhole Live. Co-hosts will be able to access and manage sessions from the admin view within their Webex Meeting window.
- Right click on a meeting attendee and change their role to cohost.You can assign multiple co-hosts to your meeting.
- If the assigned co-host is using the Webex Desktop app, the app will automatically refresh to change from the attendee view to admin view. The co-host is not required to sign in to Pigeonhole Live to access the admin view.
- If your co-host is using the Web browser, he/she will need to refresh the Pigeonhole Live app first.
What can the co-host do?
- Co-hosts can access all admin features i.e. moderate questions, create polls, manage session settings, and send announcements.
- Co-hosts can stop sharing the Pigeonhole Live app with meeting attendees. Clicking on Stop session will close the app for everyone, including the meeting host.
- Co-hosts do not have access to the Open for all button, only the meeting host is able to share the app via Open for all.
Note: Co-hosts can be from the same organisation or a guest from a different organisation.
Moderate questions and comments in the Admin View
1. Enter the Q&A session on the Pigeonhole Live Webex App.
2. If question filtering is turned on, all submitted questions will first appear in the Pending tab in the admin view.
Click on Allow to approve a question and Dismiss to dismiss the question. All approved and dismissed questions will be moved to the Allowed and Dismissed tabs respectively.
To edit a question, click on the ellipsis icon next to the question and select Edit. Make the necessary edits, and click Save.
3. To moderate comments, click on the drop down next to Questions, and switch to the Comments tab and follow the same steps as above.
Display questions and poll results on the meeting screen
1. To display your Q&A questions or poll results via the Projector Panel, go to the Agenda page on your Admin View and copy the Projector Panel link. You can also get the Projector Panel link from your Pigeonhole Live Workspace.
2. Paste the link in a browser window and share your screen to display the Projector Panel to your meeting attendees.
How to manage settings and send announcements?
Meeting hosts and co-hosts, can manage session settings and send announcements from the admin view.
1. To manage Q&A settings, click on the Controls icon in the orange header in the Q&A session.
Here you can change your Q&A end time, manage settings for your Q&A and any additional sessions you’ve added to this meeting.
The Q&As that are created automatically in the Pigeonhole Live app for Webex will have the following default settings:
- Accept new questions turned on
- Question filtering turned off
- Comment filtering turned off
- Hide session turned off
You can send reminders and prompts to your meeting attendees during the meeting using the announcements feature.
1. Simply click on the Controls icon.
2. Click on the Announcement tab. Type out your announcement and select the session you would like your announcement to appear in. Then, you can send the announcement immediately by clicking Send, or save it for later.