- What is nesting?
- How to nest a session?
- How will nested sessions look on the Audience Web App and Admin Panel?
What is nesting?
The nesting function on Pigeonhole Live allows you to group several sessions together to create a more convenient and seamless event flow for attendees. You can use nesting to create separate event tracks or breakout sessions each with their own event agenda or even group related sessions to increase the participation rate for each session.
Common use cases for nesting:
- Create breakout sessions their own agenda
- Nesting polls and surveys in Q&A or Regular sessions with a video integration
- Nesting feedback surveys or polls with speaker Q&A sessions
- Grouping sessions by rooms or topic of interests for larger events
Nested sessions will not appear in the Agenda, but rather, only within the parent session page. However, there will be session icons on the parent session to indicate the type of nested sessions under the respective parent session (as shown below). Attendees can access a nested session by entering a parent session.
Note: You can nest any session type (Q&As, Polls, Surveys, Regular) under any parent session (Q&As, Polls, Surveys, Regular). But you cannot nest a session under an already nested session.
Note: You can nest a maximum of 20 sessions under a parent session.
How to nest a session?
1. On your Workspace, go to Agenda > Session page of the session you want to nest.
2. Under the session’s Agenda Information section, click on Nest session.
3. Then, select a parent session to nest this session under.
4. To unselect the parent session or remove nesting, select the option None in the drop-down menu.
5. Remember to save your settings.
How will nested sessions look on the Audience Web App, Admin Panel, and Moderator Panel?
Audience Web App
The session will now be grouped under the selected parent session. It will appear as shown below, in the Audience Web App (AWA).
In the Admin Panel, you will be able to see the nested sessions under each parent session on the Agenda page. You can click on the nested session to enter and manage the session directly.
If you wish to access a nested session while on the parent session page, click on the drop-down in the banner at the top of the page and select the respective nested session that you want to manage.
Note: Nested Survey and Regular sessions will not appear in the Admin Panel.
To return to the parent session, click on the back button at the top left-hand corner of the page.
On the Moderator Panel, you will be able to see the nested sessions under each parent session on the Agenda page. You can click on the nested session to enter and manage the session directly.
If you wish to access the nested sessions while on the parent session page, click on the options icon on the top right corner of the page, and click on the toggle to turn on the “Show nested sessions” option.