An Announcement on the Audience Web App.
What are Announcements?
Announcements are messages an organiser can send to attendees during an event. When an attendee is using the Audience Web App, Announcements appear as pop-up messages. This feature helps organisers send important information and updates to attendees at any time during the event, even during ongoing sessions. Attendees can be alerted and get directed to targeted activities to enhance engagement.
Through our pre-launch trials with valued customers, Announcements proved to be very successful in increasing participation in Polls and Surveys at a much quicker rate.
Organisers can send a One-off announcement message which appears on the Audience Web App as a single pop-up message. They can also save the announcement to resend multiple times. We advise organisers to send multiple messages through Saved Announcements if they want to resend the exact same message.
Types of Announcements
Redirect. This is a highly effective way to nudge attendees to participate in a poll, or to complete a feedback survey. When announcements have a redirect action, attendees don't have a way to dismiss and not load the specified session or page. If attendees are in the midst of typing a question, a comment, or survey response, they will not receive the announcement until they have completed that activity. This is to prevent them from losing any unsent data.
A Redirect Announcement on the Audience Web App.
Saved. This is useful for organisers who want to send pre-set messages at different times. These messages can be created and saved before the event day, and they only appear on the Audience Web App when the organiser clicks Send. Saved announcements remain in the Saved tab, and an organiser can send the same message multiple times. Learn how to create Saved Announcements.
A Saved Announcement on the Admin Panel.
Pinned. Pinning an announcement lets the announcement persist as a banner in designated sessions. It can serve as a reminder after attendees in the session dismiss the initial pop-up message, and it can allow attendees outside of the session to view the announcement when they enter the session. Redirect actions can be enabled as well, to guide attendees to the next designated session. Learn how to pin announcements.
- Announcements that are dismissed by an attendee on the Audience Web App can only be retrieved if an organiser unpins and pins the same Announcement.
A Pinned Announcement on the Audience Web App.
How to send Announcements
- From the Admin Panel, go to Controls.
The Admin Panel.
- Next, click Announcement.
- Click Compose and type your message into the Announcement message box. Note that links added as part of an Announcement will be hyperlinked on the Audience Web App.
- Select the session where you want the message to be sent. Note that announcements to parent sessions would also be sent to their respective nested sessions.
- If you want to Redirect attendees, specify the location from the drop-down list.
- To send a one-off announcement, simply click Send. The announcement message will be sent out to everyone in the selected sessions on the Audience Web App. Within a one minute interval, any new attendees to the Pigeonhole or session will also receive the pop up message. If you want to resend an announcement as many times as you like, click Save for later to save the announcement.
- Upon sending an announcement now, you will receive a prompt to confirm the announcement details. Click Send to confirm.
How to Pin Announcements
Pin setting for unsent Announcements Admins can designate announcements that they want to pin by going to Admin Panel > Controls > Announcement > Compose and checking the Pin box.
Pin setting for sent Announcements Once an unpinned announcement is sent, and attendees dismiss the pop-up, it is not visible on the Audience Web App. Admins can bring the visibility of the announcement back by Pinning a Sent message. The message will then reappear as the latest message in the announcement banner.
- Multiple Pinned Announcements will display with the latest message at the top of the Audience Web App.