- How to add Pigeonhole Live to Microsoft Teams Meetings (before-meeting)?
- If you have scheduled meeting
- If you have not scheduled a meeting
- How to connect your Pigeonhole Live account?
- Pigeonhole Live tab (before-meeting)
- Pigeonhole Live tab (in-meeting)
- Will my Pigeonhole branding be applied in the Pigeonhole Live tab in Microsoft Teams meetings?
- Data storage and persistence
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Adding Pigeonhole Live to your Microsoft Teams meetings allows your meeting participants to submit and vote on questions and participate in polls, quizzes, and surveys directly in the Teams meeting window during your call.
How to add Pigeonhole Live to Microsoft Teams meetings?
If you have a scheduled meeting
1. Go to Apps on Microsoft Teams and search for “Pigeonhole Live”.
2. Click on the drop-down menu, and select Add to meeting. If you want to add Pigeonhole Live to your Team Channel or Group Chat, refer to this article.
3. If you have a scheduled meeting with participants, your meeting will appear in the drop down. Select the meeting and click Set up a tab.
If you have not scheduled a meeting
1. If you have not scheduled a meeting yet, go to your Calendar and create a meeting.
2. Add at least one participant to the meeting and click Create.
3. Then Edit the meeting.
4. Click on the + button on the top of the page.
5. Search for Pigeonhole Live and click on it. Select Add on the pop-up modal.
How to connect your Pigeonhole Live account?
Connect your existing Pigeonhole Live account
1. If this is the first time you’re adding Pigeonhole Live to your meeting you need to login to your Pigeonhole Live account to connect your account.
Click Connect if you already have a Pigeonhole Live account or Sign up if you need to sign up for a new Pigeonhole Live account. Follow through with your sign in credentials.
2. Once you’re logged in you will need to select a Workspace that you would like to connect to and click Next.
3. Then, select the Pigeonhole that you have set up for this meeting and click Save.
4. You can use the filter function to filter the Pigeonholes by their state - Live, Upcoming, New, Ended or All. You can also search for the Pigeonhole using the Pigeonhole name or passcode using the search function.
Login as a guest
If you don’t have access to the Workspace you can login as a guest. To do so, click on Use the Admin Panel link, and paste the Admin Panel access link that was provided to you. Then, click Check access link, and Save if the link is valid click .
Learn how to obtain the Admin Panel access link here.
Note: Ensure that the access link is set to Anyone with this link permission setting in the Pigeonhole Live Workspace.
Pigeonhole Live tab (before-meeting)
The Pigeonhole Live Admin Panel will load in the tab. From here you can manage your Q&A, Poll, and Quiz sessions before and during the meeting. Only the meeting organiser can add a tab.
9. Once the tab has been added, a notification card will be sent to the meeting chat to inform your meeting attendees of the tab.
10. When your meeting attendees click on the meeting invite and access the Pigeonhole Live tab, they will see the Audience Web App where they can participate in the Q&As, Polls, and Quizzes you have set up. Meeting attendees will not be able to see the Admin Panel.
Pigeonhole Live tab (in-meeting)
To open the Pigeonhole Live tab within the meeting window, click the Join button on the top right-hand side of the page in the meeting invite.
In the meeting window, click on the Pigeonhole Live icon.
Meeting organisers can view the Pigeonhole Live Admin Panel in the side panel within the meeting window when the meeting is live. Organisers can access the Admin Panel to manage the sessions and attendee responses while watching the meeting video.
Note: Make sure to close the Admin Panel in the side panel before you share your screen during the meeting.
Attendees can view the Pigeonhole Live Audience Web App in the side panel within the meeting window when the meeting is live. Attendees can access all live sessions in the Audience Web App and participate in them while watching the video during the meeting.
Will my Pigeonhole branding be applied in the Pigeonhole Live tab in Microsoft Teams meetings?
The Admin Panel and Audience Web App in Teams Meetings will be displayed in the default dark theme of Microsoft Teams meetings.
If custom branding is applied to your Pigeonhole, the custom branding will override the dark theme and be displayed in the Admin Panel and Audience Web App within Microsoft Teams meetings as well.
However, all other types of branding i.e. Custom Themes and Gallery Themes will not be applied to the Admin Panel and Audience Web App within meetings. They will only be displayed when the Admin Panel and Audience Web App are opened outside of Microsoft Teams meetings.
Data storage and persistence
We do not receive or store any meeting, channel chat, and group chat data from Microsoft Teams. The following channel and user data will be persisted only in the instances and for the reasons specified below:
- Channel Id - required to link to the Pigeonhole Live tab in a channel when the "View in Tab" button is clicked
- User's team name - stored only when a user submits a question to the Pigeonhole Live app or tab in Microsoft Teams non-anonymously
- User's aadObjectId (linked to their Pigeonhole Live account) - stored only when a user installs or connects to their Pigeonhole Live account on Microsoft Teams
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why can’t I find Pigeonhole Live in the App Store?
If you are unable to find Pigeonhole Live in the App Store, it may not have been enabled for your organisation by your admin. Please contact your organisation admin to add Pigeonhole Live in the allow list. Refer to this article on managing permission and setup policies for the Pigeonhole Live app on Microsoft Teams.
2. Why can’t I see the + button to add Pigeonhole Live to the meeting?
There are a couple of reasons why this might happen.
1. You need to create a meeting with at least one participant to be able to see the + button.
2. Please check to ensure that you have the right Microsoft license. Meeting extensibility apps are only available on paid Microsoft Teams accounts.
3. Are breakout rooms supported?
Yes, you can use the Pigeonhole Live in meetings with breakout rooms.
4. Why can’t my participants see Pigeonhole Live in the meeting window?
The Pigeonhole Live app in meetings is only accessible to in-tenant and guest users who have been given the same access as in-tenant users. If your meeting participants are external/federated/anonymous users, they will not be able to see Pigeonhole Live in the meeting window. This is a limitation imposed by Microsoft Teams.
5. Why was I logged out of the Admin Panel window on Teams meetings?
If you're using the Guest Login and the Admin Panel link is reset on the Pigeonhole Live Workspace, you will be kicked out from the Admin Panel window on Teams Meetings. You will have to add the Pigeonhole Live tab again with the new Admin Panel access link in order to access it.