- How to install the Pigeonhole Live app on Microsoft Teams?
- How to create a Q&A on Microsoft Teams?
- How to share Q&As, Polls, and Quizzes in a tab?
- Data storage and persistence
Use the Pigeonhole Live app on Microsoft Teams to boost interactivity in your daily meetings, project calls, and discussions that take place on Microsoft Teams. There are two ways to use the Pigeonhole Live app on Microsoft Teams:
- Create Q&As, Polls, Quizzes, and Surveys in your Pigeonhole Live Workspace and share it in a tab in channels and group chats
- Create and share Q&As directly from your team channels or group chats in Microsoft Teams
To do so, you need to first install the Pigeonhole Live app.
Note: Single Sign-On (SSO) is now supported when logging in to your Workspace through Microsoft Teams.
How to install the Pigeonhole Live App?
- Log in to Microsoft Teams. On the left-hand side menu, go to Apps and search for “Pigeonhole Live”. Note: If you can’t find Pigeonhole Live in the App Store, it may not be enabled for your organisation. Please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get in touch with you.
- Click on the drop-down menu, and select where you want to add the Pigeonhole Live app. You have three options:
- A: Select Add
- B: Click on the drop-down menu and select Add to a team (recommended)
- C: Click on the drop-down menu and select Add to a chat
Note: Selecting Add adds the app to your Personal Chat by default. You can always set up the app on your team channel later. If you want to add the app directly to your team channel, make sure to select Add to Team.
A. If you select Add
1. The Pigeonhole Live app will be added directly to your personal chat.
2. To create Q&As directly from Microsoft Teams, you need to connect your Pigeonhole Live account by clicking Connect and logging in to your Pigeonhole Live account.
3. If you don’t have a Pigeonhole Live account yet, click Sign Up. You will be redirected to the Pigeonhole Live website to create a new account. Then, return to the Personal Chat window (shown above) to connect your account by clicking Connect.
4. Then navigate to your team channel or group chat and click on the Pigeonhole Live icon below the compose box at the bottom of the page.
If you’ve already connected your Pigeonhole Live account, you can start creating a Q&A. Otherwise, you will be asked to sign in to connect your Pigeonhole Live account first.
B. If you select Add to team
1. Search for and select the channel you want to add Pigeonhole Live app to and select Set up.
2. Then click Save in this pop-up modal.
3. You will be redirected to the Pigeonhole Live tab in your channel. Navigate to your main tab, and you will see the Pigeonhole Live icon at the compose box.
4. Click on the icon and sign in to connect your Pigeonhole Live account first. Once you have signed in, you can start to create a Q&A.
Note: If you experience any issues when connecting your Pigeonhole Live account, clear your website cookies and try again. Drop us a support ticket if the issue persists.
C. If you select Add to chat
1. Search for and select the group chat you want to add the Pigeonhole Live app to and select Set up.
2. Then click Save in this pop-up modal.
2. You will be redirected to the Pigeonhole Live tab in your group chat. Navigate to your main tab, and you will see the Pigeonhole Live icon at the compose box.
3. Click on the icon and you will be asked to sign in to connect your Pigeonhole Live account first. Once you have signed in, you can start to create a Q&A.
If Single Sign-On is enabled for your Pigeonhole Live account, then you will be redirected for authentication.
How to create a Q&A on Microsoft Teams?
After you have installed the app following the steps above, you can create Q&As without leaving Microsoft Teams.
Creating a Q&A
1. Select the Pigeonhole Live Workspace that you wish to create your Q&A in. You can create the Q&A in your Personal Workspace or a Team Workspace if you are subscribed to an annual plan.
Note: You will not see this step if there’s only one Workspace associated with your account.
2. Select a plan to create your Pigeonhole in.
Note: You will not see this step if there’s only one plan associated with your Workspace.
3. Enter your Q&A’s name and duration, and select whether you want to enable Anonymity. Then click Preview Q&A, to preview the Q&A you have created.
Your Q&A Name
Specify the purpose and title of the Q&A. This name will be displayed in the card when the Q&A in posted in the channel.
Select how long you want your Q&A to be active for.
Settings: Anonymous responses
Checking this box will allow your channel members to submit questions and comments anonymously. If unchecked, when a user submits a question, his/her Microsoft Teams account name will be displayed with the question.
4. Preview your Q&A and then select Send. A card will be sent to your channel to notify members of the Q&A.
Submitting and voting on questions in channels or group chats
Members can submit questions by click Ask a question on the card. They can choose to submit their questions anonymously or as identified. If a user does not choose to submit their question anonymously, the question will be tagged to the name associated with their Microsoft Teams’ profile.
Note: Your team members do not have to connect their Pigeonhole Live account to participate in the Q&A.
For Q&As created in a channel, the user can click on View in tab to view the Q&A in a tab. This option will only work if the tab integration has been added to the channel.
Note: Tab integrations will be automatically added if the Pigeonhole Live app was added to B. a team or C. a group chat, directly. If you selected option A, you need to add the tab integration separately to ensure that your team members can view the Q&A created in a tab.
Once you have created your first Q&A in the team channel, the app is immediately added to the channel and the Pigeonhole Live icon in the compose box will be visible to all team members. Anyone in the channel can create their own Q&A by signing in and connecting to their Pigeonhole Live account.
Refer to this article for FAQs on the Pigeonhole Live app on Microsoft Teams.
Data storage and persistence
- Channel Id - required to link to the Pigeonhole Live tab in a channel when the "View in Tab" button is clicked
- User's team name - stored only when a user submits a question to the Pigeonhole Live app or tab in Microsoft Teams non-anonymously
- User's aadObjectId (linked to their Pigeonhole Live account) - stored only when a user installs or connects to their Pigeonhole Live account on Microsoft Teams