Role labels on the Audience Web App.
What is a role label?
The role label is a feature organisers can use to highlight key profiles in a Chat Session. It appears next to the attendee’s profile on the Audience Web App and prescribes a level of trust to that attendee. By differentiating these profiles, regular attendees will know who to direct questions to and know which messages have greater credibility.
How to add a role label to a Registrant Profile
- From your Pigeonhole, go to More settings > Attendees > Profile Information.
- Check the Allow attendees to create profiles box.
- Expand the Add field button and select Role from the drop-down list.
The Pigeonhole Live Dashboard.
- Click Edit and add at least one other option apart from Attendee in Options.
- Check the Required box and click Update.
- Click Save.
- Next, go to Registrant Profiles and check the Enable registrant profile for this event box.
- To add a single Registrant, click Add a registrant, fill in the participant’s details, choose the Role from the drop-down list, and click Add registrant. If no role is selected for the Registrant, they will be saved as an attendee by default.
- To import a bulk list of Registrants, expand the Add a registrant box and select Import registrants from the drop-down list.
- Next, go to Settings, check the Prompt attendees to enter Attendee Code when joining a Pigeonhole event and Prompt Registrants to enter email address instead of Attendee Code boxes.
- Click Save.
- To display their assigned roles, attendees must use the email address registered by the organiser when signing in to the Audience Web App.
- The “attendee” role label will not appear on the Audience Web App but will appear in the Insights reports.
- The organiser must first download the registrant list template to upload registrants in bulk, as this contains the role options. If the imported list does not have specific roles for each profile, they will get an upload error message.
- If the role field is left optional, all registrants will be saved as attendees by default.
- If a participant with an assigned role signs into the Audience Web App, the organiser cannot change or update the role.
- If an organiser hides a registrant’s identity, the role label will appear beside an anonymised randomly generated profile name.
- When a participant sends a message anonymously, the role label will not appear on the Audience Web App, Admin Panel or Insights. Learn more about our stance on anonymity.
Viewing role labels on the Admin Panel
Role labels on the Admin Panel.