- What is Reactions?
- How to enable Reactions for video integrations on Pigeonhole Live?
- How to enable Reactions for Pigeonhole Live Audience Web App embed?
- How to customise Reactions?
What is Reactions?
Reactions are animated emojis that your attendees can use to react instantly to moments in your live streams and on-demand videos.
How to enable Reactions for built-in videos?
1. Go to More settings in your Pigeonhole and click on Reactions.
2. Under the For built-in videos section, click +Enable reactions.
3. If you’ve already set up the video integration for your Pigeonhole, select the session you would like to add Reactions to. Select Enable reactions.
Note: You can only add Reactions to Q&A or Chat sessions.
4. If you have not added a video integration, you can do so within the same modal. Simply select the video integration you’d like to add from our drop-down list, and then add your meeting URL. Then, select Enable reactions.
5. Once enabled, you will be able to see a summary of sessions that have Reactions enabled.
To disable Reactions for a session, simply click the Disable button for that session. Reactions will be disabled instantly.
Disabling Reactions would disable attendees from adding new Reactions for the specified session, however, it will not delete all Reactions insights for that session.
To delete Reactions for a session, click on the drop-down button next to Disable, and select Delete reactions.
Reactions will be removed from the Audience Web App, and all Reactions data for that session will be permanently deleted from Insights.
Reactions for built-in video integrations is available on Captivate and Enterprise Pigeonholes.
How to enable Reactions for external video integrations?
1. Click on + Create reactions widget.
2. Select the session you want to add the reactions widget to using the drop down menu and select Create widget.
3. Finally, copy the embed code and paste it in your event website code.
To disable Reactions for external integrations, click the dropdown next to “Copy embed code”, and select Disable.
Disabling Reactions would disable attendees from adding new Reactions for the specified session. However, it will not delete all Reactions insights for that session.
To delete Reactions for a session, click the dropdown next to “Copy embed code”, and select Delete reactions widget.
Reactions will be removed from the video stream, and all Reactions data for that session will be permanently deleted from the Insights for that specific session.
Reactions for external video integrations is only available as an add on to Enterprise Pigeonholes.
You can only allow up to four reactions on the Audience Web App for your attendees to choose from when reacting to your video stream.
1. Under the Customise reactions section, in the Reactions page you can either select from the set of default reactions or choose to upload your own custom reactions.
2. To upload custom reactions, click on the +Add button and select an image file to upload. You can only upload a maximum of 4 custom reactions.
Note: Please ensure that your images are in the PNG, JPEG, GIF (static only) format and are max 128kb. We recommend using images with square dimensions for optimal experience.
3. Once you have uploaded your reactions you can select the reaction by clicking on it and then click Save.
4. You can select a mix of default and custom reactions but you can only select a maximum of 4 reactions altogether.
Note: Selected reactions will apply to all sessions (with Reactions enabled) in the Pigeonhole.
In the post-event insights, you will be able to see the total number of reactions sent for each session, and the breakdown for each of the reaction type (as shown below).
Note: If you have nested sessions, reactions sent during nested sessions will be calculated as a total of all the nested sessions and the parent sessions, and displayed as a single reactions insights under the parent session.
If you have a unique video integration for each session, we recommend that you set them up as individual standalone sessions so that the reaction insights are captured for each session separately.