- Basic embed option
- Advanced embed option
If you host your virtual events on Swoogo, you can easily add Pigeonhole Live to your live stream to increase audience engagement and interactivity.
This integration supports all interactive features on Pigeonhole Live including Q&A, Chat, Polls, Quizzes, Assessments, and Surveys. Pigeonhole Live’s integration with Swoogo offers a basic embed option and an advanced one for higher customisation and advanced attendee analytics and tracking available only on the Enterprise plan.
Basic embed option
This embed option is ideal if you have the following Pigeonhole plans and do not require display customisation and advanced attendee analytics and tracking for your event:
1. In your event setup on Swoogo, go to the Website tab. Under the Content section, you’ll find the Pigeonhole Live widget (as shown below). Drag and drop the widget where you want it to appear on the page.
2. Click on the widget and select "Pigeonhole Live Settings".
3. You can choose to embed the whole Pigeonhole or a specific session. Simply click on the drop down menu under the I would like to field, and select your option. Embedding the whole Pigeonhole will bring your attendees to the Agenda page where they can select which sessions to participate in. Embedding a specific session will bring attendees directly to that session.
Then, enter the Event Passcode and Session ID for the Pigeonhole session you’d like to add to your event website. If you choose to embed the whole Pigeonhole, you can skip the Session ID field.
You can find the Event Passcode and Session ID on your Pigeonhole Live Workspace (as shown below).
4. To ensure that your registrants Names and Email Address are passed through to Pigeonhole Live for reporting, please ensure that the Pigeonhole Live widget is added to a Swoogo page that requires login. Under the Page Access section, enable the Page can only be accessed by signed in registrants setting.
Advanced Embed Option
For a more customised embed experience with more accurate attendee analytics and tracking you can use the more advanced Pigeonhole Live embed. This requires an Enterprise plan on Pigeonhole Live.
Enable attendee and registrant profile settings for your Pigeonhole
You need to enable the following settings on the Pigeonhole Live Workspace before integrating Pigeonhole Live on your media asset.
On your Pigeonhole, go to More Settings> Attendees.
1. Under the Profile Information section, enable the setting Allow creating attendee profiles through embed and click Save.
2. Under the Registrant Profiles section, enable the setting Enable registrant profile for this event and click Save.
3. Then, go to Registrant Profile Settings by clicking on the drop-down next to the Add a registrant button and select Settings.
4. Enable the setting Allow adding new Registrant Profiles through embed and disable all other settings (as shown below). Click Save.
Note: This setting is only available on the Enterprise plan.
Add a custom iFrame widget on Swoogo
1. In your event setup on Swoogo, go to the Website tab, select the page, and add a custom iFrame widget.
2. Under Website Address, paste the following URL:
Replace PASSCODE with your Event Passcode and SESSIONID with the Session ID for the session you want to direct your attendees to, in this URL template. You can find your Event Passcode and Session ID in your Pigeonhole Live Workspace.
- This URL includes the Registrant ID which allows us to track attendees regardless of the device they are on, and even if cookies are disabled.
- The ‘disablebackbutton’ parameter conceals the back button on the widget, keeping attendees on the session that you choose to load.
3. Under the Page Access section, enable the Page can only be accessed by signed in registrants setting.
4. The widget saves automatically. You can view the page to test the embed out.