- Enterprise (Events)
- Embed option with automatic attendee sign-in and tracking
- API integration for one-way registrant profile sync
- Custom iFrame embed option
If you host your virtual events on Swoogo or use Swoogo for in-person event registration, you can easily add Pigeonhole Live to your virtual or in-person events to increase audience engagement and interactivity.
This integration supports all interactive features on Pigeonhole Live including Q&A, Chat, Polls, Quizzes, Assessments, and Surveys. Pigeonhole Live’s integration with Swoogo offers an embed option, API integration method and a custom iFrame widget. You should only integrate with Swoogo using a Captivate or Enterprise (Events) Pigeonhole, otherwise you may encounter attendee tracking problems.
This is the default embed option, and works for customers on the Captivate Plan. Attendees will automatically have their details populated in Pigeonhole Live, and you'll be able to track engagement accurately based on the Swoogo Registrant ID. This requires enabling several options on Pigeonhole Live to make use of Registrant Profiles and Attendee Codes.
1. In your event setup on Swoogo, go to the Website tab. Under the Content section, you’ll find the Pigeonhole Live widget (as shown below). Drag and drop the widget where you want it to appear on the page.
2. Click on the widget and select "Pigeonhole Live Settings".
3. You can choose to embed the whole Pigeonhole or a specific session. Simply click on the drop down menu under the I would like to field, and select your option. Embedding the whole Pigeonhole will bring your attendees to the Agenda page where they can select which sessions to participate in. Embedding a specific session will bring attendees directly to that session. We recommend embedding a specific session like Q&A or Chat. You can also run polls alongside it by nesting the polls within the Q&A or Chat session. You can customise this based on each session in your Swoogo event agenda.
Then, enter the Event Passcode and Session ID for the Pigeonhole session you’d like to add to your event website. If you choose to embed the whole Pigeonhole, you can skip the Session ID field.
You can find the Event Passcode and Session ID on your Pigeonhole Live Workspace (as shown below).
4. To ensure that your registrants Names and Email Address are passed through to Pigeonhole Live for reporting, please ensure that the Pigeonhole Live widget is added to a Swoogo page that requires login. Under the Page Access section, enable the Page can only be accessed by signed in registrants setting.
To automatically sign attendees in based on the Swoogo registrant data, and for accurate attendee analytics based on the Swoogo Registrant ID, you will need to configure a few additional settings. This requires a Captivate or Enterprise (Events) Pigeonhole.
Create and customise attendee profile information fields on Pigeonhole Live
1. On your Pigeonhole Live Workspace, go to your event Pigeonhole.
2. Go to More Settings> Attendees.
3. Select + Add field to add and customise the fields you want to request from your attendees. You can set each field to optional or required, except for name (which is a required field by default). If you add the Email field, each attendee profile will also store the Swoogo registrant email address. Make sure to save your settings.
Enable attendee and registrant profile settings for your Pigeonhole
On your Pigeonhole, go to More Settings> Attendees.
1. Under the Profile Information section, enable the setting Allow creating attendee profiles through embed and click Save.
2. Under the Registrant Profiles section, enable the setting Enable registrant profile for this event and click Save.
3. Then, go to Registrant Profile Settings by clicking on the drop-down next to the Add a registrant button and select Settings.
4. Enable the setting Allow adding new Registrant Profiles through embed and disable all other settings (as shown below). Click Save.
Note: This setting is only available on Captivate and Enterprise (Events) plans.
If you are on an Enterprise license with API access, you can also enable a one-way sync of Swoogo registrants to your Pigeonhole. Refer to Swoogo's documentation on how to enable the Pigeonhole Live API integration.
On your Pigeonhole, you will also need to enable Registrant Profiles.
When the API integration is enabled, when someone registers on your Swoogo event page, their record will be pushed to Pigeonhole Live's Registrant profiles. This is a more secure method of profile syncing, and you can also customise the profile fields to sync to Pigeonhole Live. For in-person attendees, they can now easily scan a QR code, and enter their email address or an attendee code, to load their profile on Pigeonhole Live.
Custom iFrame Option
Although we recommend using the built-in Pigeonhole Live widget in Swoogo, you can also embed Pigeonhole Live using the custom iFrame method.
Add a custom iFrame widget on Swoogo
1. In your event setup on Swoogo, go to the Website tab, select the page, and add a custom iFrame widget.
2. Under Website Address, paste the following URL:
Replace PASSCODE with your Event Passcode and SESSIONID with the Session ID for the session you want to direct your attendees to, in this URL template. You can find your Event Passcode and Session ID in your Pigeonhole Live Workspace.
- This URL includes the Swoogo Registrant ID which allows us to track attendees regardless of the device they are on, and even if cookies are disabled.
- The ‘disablebackbutton’ parameter conceals the back button on the widget, keeping attendees on the session that you choose to load.
3. Under the Page Access section, enable the Page can only be accessed by signed in registrants setting.
4. The widget saves automatically. You can view the page to test the embed out.