- How to enable Pigeonhole Live for your MediaSpace account under Configurations? Management
- How to enable Pigeonhole Live on your event site?
If you use Kaltura MediaSpace (KMS) to host live and on-demand videos for your organisation and events, you can easily add Pigeonhole Live’s Audience Web App alongside your media asset using the Pigeonhole Live module on KMS.
This integration supports all interactive features on Pigeonhole Live including Q&A, Chat, Reactions, Polls, Quizzes, Assessments, and Surveys.
Note: This integration is only available on the Enterprise plan. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to set up your Pigeonhole before embedding to Kaltura MediaSpace?
1. On the Pigeonhole Live Workspace, create a Pigeonhole and add the sessions and enable Reactions.
2. Then, go to More Settings> Attendees to enable the following settings in the Pigeonhole.
3. Under the Profile Information section, enable the setting Allow creating attendee profiles through embed and click Save. Then, select + Add field to add and customise the fields you want to request from your attendees. You can set each field to optional or required, except for name (which is a required field by default).
4. Under the Registrant Profiles section, enable the setting Enable registrant profile for this event and click Save.
Then, go to Registrant Profile Settings by clicking on the drop-down next to the Add a registrant button and select Settings.
Enable the setting Allow adding new Registrant Profiles through embed and disable all other settings (as shown below).
5. Save your settings.
How to enable Pigeonhole Live for your MediaSpace account under Configurations Management?
As an admin, you need to first enable Pigeonhole Live for your KMS account so other KMS admin users can add it to their event pages.
1. In your KMS account, click on Manage Configuration in the top navigation bar.
2. In the Configurations Management page, go to the left side-bar and select Pigeonhole Live under ModulesCustom/contrib.
3. For the enabled field click on the dropdown menu and select Yes.
4. Under the allowedRolesForConfiguration field, you can specify which user roles in your KMS account will be able to see Pigeonhole Live in the editor and enable it for event pages.
Click on the dropdown menu and select your preferred user role that you want to allow from the following options:
- Unmoderated Admin
- Private only
- Specific Users / Groups
5. Enter the Workspace API URL and Workspace API Token Key in the workspaceApiUrl and workspaceApiToken fields respectively.
To obtain the Workspace API URL and Workspace API Token Key, go to your Pigeonhole Live Workspace > Workspace Settings > Developer.
6. Click Save and navigate to your media asset.
How to enable Pigeonhole Live on the event site?
1. In your KMS account, navigate to your media asset.
2. Under the media asset, click on the drop down next to Actions, and select Edit.
3. Click on the Pigeonhole Live tab. Under Enable Widget, select "Yes". Then, enter the Event Passcode for your Pigeonhole and the Session ID for the session you want to embed to this page.
You can find the Event Passcode and Session ID on your Pigeonhole Live Workspace (as shown below).
4. Under Options, select the checkbox for Hide back button if you wish to disable the back button on the Pigeonhole Live Audience Web App to keep attendees on the current session. Finally, click Save.
The Pigeonhole Live Audience Web App embed will look like this: