- How to add Pigeonhole Live to Microsoft Teams Meetings (before-meeting)?
- How to use the Pigeonhole Live in-meeting?
- Will my Pigeonhole Branding be applied in the Pigeonhole Live tab in Microsoft Teams meetings?
- Data storage and persistence
Run Q&As, Polls, and Quizzes powered by Pigeonhole Live during meetings hosted on Microsoft Teams.
Meeting attendees can access the Audience Web App in a side panel within the meeting window, while the meeting organiser can access the Admin Panel within the meeting window to manage sessions and attendee submissions.
Note: This feature is only supported for scheduled meetings. Not supported for Ad-hoc, Meet now, and Recurring meeting types.
Note: This feature is only available on paid Microsoft Teams accounts.
How to add Pigeonhole Live to Microsoft Teams meetings (before-meeting)?
On your Pigeonhole Live Workspace:
1. Create a Pigeonhole and add the interactive sessions you want to engage your meeting attendees with.
On Microsoft Teams:
1. Go to your Calendar and create a meeting. Once you’ve created a meeting, click on the meeting in your calendar, and select Edit.
2. As an organiser, you will be able to add Pigeonhole Live as a tab. Click on the + button on the top of the page.
3. Search for Pigeonhole Live and click on it. Click Add on the pop-up modal.
4. Click Connect if you already have a Pigeonhole Live account or Sign up if you need to sign up for a new Pigeonhole Live account. Follow through with your sign in credentials.
5. Once you’re logged in you will need to select a Workspace that you would like to connect to and click Next.
6. Then, select the Pigeonhole that you have set up for this meeting and click Save.
You can use the filter function to filter the Pigeonholes by their state - Live, Upcoming, New, Ended or All.
You can also search for the Pigeonhole using the Pigeonhole name or passcode using the search function.
7. If you don’t have access to the Workspace but have access to the Admin Panel link, you can login as a guest. To do so, click on Use the Admin Panel link, and paste the Admin Panel access link that was provided to you. Then, click Check access link, and if the link is valid click Save.
Learn how to obtain the Admin Panel access link here.
Note: Ensure that the access link is set to Anyone with this link permission setting in the Pigeonhole Live Workspace.
8. The Pigeonhole Live Admin Panel will load in the tab. From here you can manage your Q&A, Poll, and Quiz sessions before and during the meeting. Only the meeting organiser can add a tab.
Note: If the Admin Panel link is reset on the Workspace, meeting organisers will be kicked out from the Admin Panel window on Teams Meetings. The organiser will have to add the Pigeonhole Live tab again with the new Admin Panel access link.
9. Once the tab has been added, a notification card will be sent to the meeting chat to inform your meeting attendees of the tab.
10. When your meeting attendees click on the meeting invite and access the Pigeonhole Live tab, they will see the Audience Web App where they can participate in the Q&As, Polls, and Quizzes you have set up.
Note: Meeting attendees will not be able to see the Admin Panel.
How to use the Pigeonhole Live tab in-meeting?
To open the Pigeonhole Live tab within the meeting window, click the Join button on the top right-hand side of the page in the meeting invite.
In the meeting window, click on the Pigeonhole Live icon.
Meeting organisers can view the Pigeonhole Live Admin Panel in the side panel within the meeting window when the meeting is live. Organisers can access the Admin Panel to manage the sessions and attendee responses while watching the meeting video.
Note: If you share your screen during the meeting and click on the Pigeonhole Live tab, your attendees will be able to see the Admin Panel.
Attendees can view the Pigeonhole Live Audience Web App in the side panel within the meeting window when the meeting is live. Attendees can access all live sessions in the Audience Web App and participate in them while watching the video during the meeting.
Will my Pigeonhole Branding be applied in the Pigeonhole Live tab in Microsoft Teams meetings?
The Admin Panel and Audience Web App in Teams Meetings will be displayed in the default dark theme of Microsoft Teams meetings.
If custom branding is applied to your Pigeonhole, the custom branding will override the dark theme and be displayed in the Admin Panel and Audience Web App within Microsoft Teams meetings as well.
However, all other types of branding i.e. Custom Themes and Gallery Themes will not be applied to the Admin Panel and Audience Web App within meetings. They will only be displayed when the Admin Panel and Audience Web App are opened outside of Microsoft Teams meetings.
Data storage and persistence
We do not receive or store any meeting, channel chat, and group chat data from Microsoft Teams. The following channel and user data will be persisted only in the instances and for the reasons specified below:
- Channel Id - required to link to the Pigeonhole Live tab in a channel when the "View in Tab" button is clicked
- User's team name - stored only when a user submits a question to the Pigeonhole Live app or tab in Microsoft Teams non-anonymously
- User's aadObjectId (linked to their Pigeonhole Live account) - stored only when a user installs or connects to their Pigeonhole Live account on Microsoft Teams