- How to send messages in a chat?
How to send messages in a Live Chat session?
1. On the Audience Web App, attendees will be prompted to create a profile before being able to send a message. Select OK.
Note: If Anonymous messages is enabled when setting up, attendees can directly send a message without having to create a profile.
2. Attendees will be redirected to the profile information page. Once the attendee fills in the required fields and clicks Save, they will be redirected to the chat page.
Note: You may enable social login on your Workspace to allow attendees to import their social media profile picture and link when creating a profile. Learn how to enable social login here.
Note: Imported profile pictures may not render for users on Firefox if your browser settings enable Tracking Content.
3. Here, the attendee can click on the text box, type a message, and click on the arrow button on the right side of the text box to send a message. The message will appear on chat immediately.
4. Attendees can also click on the emoji button to add emojis to the message.
Note: Our emoji library currently features 635 emojis. We will be adding more emojis to our emoji library in the future to support the full range of emojis.
5. Attendees can click on the Reply button below a message to reply to the message and start a conversation thread below it. Attendees can upvote and downvote replies in a thread.
Click on the back button on the top left-hand side of the page to return to the main chat.
If Message filtering is enabled during setup, then attendees will be notified that their messages and replies are awaiting moderation. The message/reply will only appear on the chat after the admin Allows it on the Admin Panel.
If you have any feedback on Live Chat, drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.