- Enterprise (Events)
- How to redirect attendees to another page in the Audience Web App when a session has ended?
- When will the redirect trigger appear on the Audience Web App?
You can automatically redirect attendees to another page in the Audience Web App when a session ends, to maintain continuity in attendee engagement, and help attendees navigate to the right sessions. This is especially useful during large virtual events with a long Agenda.
How to redirect attendees to another page in the Audience Web App when a session has ended?
1. On the Workspace, go to your event Pigeonhole.
2. Select the session you want to redirect from.
3. Scroll down to Advanced Customisation > Redirect attendees.
4. Select your redirect option:
1. Do not redirect
The “Do not redirect” option is always selected by default.
When this option is selected, attendees will remain in the current session even after it has ended. Attendees will have to manually navigate to another session.
2. Redirect attendees to the next same-level session on the agenda
When this option is selected, attendees will be automatically redirected to the next same-level* session in the agenda (based on the order of the sessions), once the current session ends. The next same-level session will be automatically updated in the text box below the option.
Attendees cannot be redirected to:
- Hidden or ended sessions
- Break sessions
*Redirect behaviours to note:
- If the attendee is on a parent session, he/she will be redirected to the next live parent session on the agenda.
- If attendee is in a nested child session, he/she will be redirected to the next live nested session under the same parent session.
- If the attendee is on the last nested session under the parent session, he/she will be redirected to the next live parent session on the agenda.
- If the attendee is on the last session in the agenda, no redirection will occur and the attendee will remain on the session page.
3. Redirect attendees to a specific session
When this option is selected, you can choose specific sessions to redirect attendees to once the current session ends. Click on the drop-down menu and select the specific session you want to redirect your attendees to.
You can choose to redirect attendees to:
- any parent or nested session (including hidden or ended sessions)
- the agenda page
Note: You cannot redirect attendees to a Break session.
Any redirect rule set in a parent session will apply automatically to the nested sessions. For example, if the parent session is set to redirect to the next same-level session on the agenda, then all the nested sessions under that parent session will follow the same redirect rule.
When will the redirect trigger appear?
The redirect pop-up only appears once: at the end time of the session or when the session is manually selected to end. The redirect trigger will not appear again.
If the end time of a session is amended, the redirect trigger will appear at the new end time.