- What is Admin Replies?
- When to use Admin Replies?
- How to send Admin Replies?
- How to make Admin Replies public?
What is Admin Replies?
Admin Replies are direct replies sent from the Admin Panel to questions that have not been approved - only the attendee who asked a question will be able to view the reply. The Admin can later choose to make the question and the associated reply public by approving the question.
When to use Admin Replies?
Admin Replies is ideal for situations where an attendee asks a question or makes a comment that is unrelated to the ongoing discussion in the current Q&A session. This could range from sensitive topics to enquiring about the room temperature or the lunch menu. Admin Replies helps you address the attendee's questions without disrupting the conversation thread that is taking place in the questions and comments section of a session.
Note: This feature is only available on Engage Pigeonholes and above as it requires question filtering to be turned on.
How to send Admin Replies?
1. During a Q&A session with question filtering switched on, all questions submitted by attendees will first appear in the Pending tab of the Admin Panel.
2. If you wish to directly reply the person that submitted the question, click on the Direct reply button below the question.
3. Then, type your reply, select who you are replying as, and select Reply & dismiss.
4. The attendee who asked the question will receive the reply on the Audience Web App. Clicking Dismiss will remove the reply from the attendee's view.
5. On the Admin Panel, the question will be moved to the Dismissed tab. You can view the question and the associated Admin reply in the Dismissed tab.
Click on the Comments button to view, edit or delete the Admin reply.
6. Admin Replies will be recorded in the event Insights under Dismissed questions.
Note: Attendee's who receive Admin Replies from the admin remain anonymous if they have opted to be anonymous. The admin is able to reply directly to the attendee but will not be able to identify the attendee.
How to make Admin Replies public?
If you receive similar queries about a topic and wish to make the Admin reply to a question public in the Audience Web App, you can do so from the Admin Panel.
1. On the Admin Panel, go to the Dismissed tab and click on the Allow button.
2. This will automatically move the questions and the associated Admin Replies to the Allowed tab in the Admin Panel. On the Audience Web App, the question will become available for public view and the Admin reply will appear as a comment.
3. Admin Replies that were made public will be recorded in the event Insights under Approved questions.