- Which sessions can be cast?
- How to cast a session?
- How to stop casting a session?
Bring your audience’s focus to specific sessions during your meetings on Zoom with the Session Cast feature. Using the Cast button on the Admin View, you can instantly redirect participants to specific sessions on the Audience View and Projector View.
Which sessions can be cast?
- Q&As, Polls (Multiple choice, Open-ended, Word Cloud, Assessment), Quizzes, and Chat can be cast.
- When a Chat session is cast, it will not affect the Projector View as Chat is not displayed on the Projector View.
- Regular sessions and Surveys cannot be cast.
- Only live and upcoming sessions are eligible for session cast; ended sessions cannot be cast. Note: For upcoming sessions, participants will be redirected to the session with a countdown timer. We recommend using this method shortly before a session starts to build anticipation amongst your audience.
Casting a first-level session
When a session that is cast is a first-level session, participants on the Audience View will be instantly redirected to the session that is being cast. They will be able to navigate away from that session to view the nested sessions.
Casting a nested session
When you cast a nested session, participants on the Audience View will be instantly redirected to the session that is being cast and will not be able to navigate away from that session until the session cast is stopped.
Note: For the Admin user who initiated the session cast, navigating away from the session that is being cast will stop the session cast.
How to cast a session?
1. In the Admin View, click on the Cast button for the sessions you want to cast.
2. Once clicked, you will be redirected to the session on the Admin View. The Cast button will turn green and the header bar will turn grey, indicating that the session cast has started.
Note: You cannot cast 2 sessions at the same time.
Note: Before redirecting your participants to the next session, do ensure that they have submitted their questions or votes. Once you cast a new session, any incomplete submissions (eg. typing a question) will not be captured in the system.
When a session is cast, participants who are on the Audience View will be instantly redirected to the session that is being cast.
Participants on the Audience View, will not be able to exit the session to view another session, until the session cast is stopped. However, when you cast a first-level session with nested sessions, participants will be able to access and participate in all nested sessions during the session cast.
How to stop casting a session?
1. To stop casting a session, you can click on the same Cast button in the Admin View. When you hover over the Cast button, a prompt to ‘Stop casting’ will appear.
2. Alternatively, you can click on the back arrow to navigate away from the page on the Admin View.
Doing so will prompt the following confirmation modal. Click Confirm to end the session cast.
How to stop casting another Admin’s session?
If there are multiple admins managing the Admin View during your event, it is possible for an admin to stop casting a session that was cast by another admin. The admin that started the session cast would then receive a notification as shown below.
Note: Admin Users accessing the Admin View from a different device will be considered a new admin user.
After you have stopped casting the nested session, participants will be redirected back to the respective sessions they were viewing before the session cast.