- Which sessions can be cast?
- How does session cast work?
- How to cast a session from the Admin Panel?
- How to stop casting a session?
- How to test session casts before your event or meeting?
Bring your participants' focus to specific sessions during your meetings or events with the Session Cast feature. Using the Cast button on the Admin Panel, you can instantly redirect participants to specific sessions on the Audience Web App, Projector Panel, and Moderator Panel.
Which sessions can be cast?
- Q&As, Polls (Multiple choice, Open-ended, Word Cloud, Assessment), Quizzes, and Chat can be cast whether they are a first-level session or a nested session.
- When a Chat session is cast, it will not affect the Projector Panel as Chat is not displayed on the Projector Panel.
- Regular sessions and Surveys cannot be cast.
- Only live and upcoming sessions are eligible for session cast; ended sessions cannot be cast. Note: For upcoming sessions, participants will be redirected to the session with a countdown timer. We recommend using this method shortly before a session starts to build anticipation amongst your audience.
How does session cast work?
When a session within a session group is cast, only participants who are in any of the sessions within that session group will be redirected to the session that has been cast.
Note: A session group is defined as a first-level session with one or more nested sessions.
In the following example, there are two session groups: Session group 1: Q&A 1, Poll 1, Chat 1 and Session group 2: Q&A 2, Poll 2, and Chat 2.
When Poll 1 is cast, only participants in Q&A 1 and Chat 1 will be redirected to Poll 1.
Participants who are in the Agenda page, Q&A 2, Poll 2, and Chat 2 will not be affected.
This redirection will apply to all panels and the Audience Web App, except in specific cases as listed in the section above.
Casting a first-level session
When a session that is cast is a first-level session, participants on the Audience Web App and moderators using the Moderator Panel will be instantly redirected to the session that is being cast. They will be able to navigate away from that session to view the nested sessions within that session group.
Casting a nested session
When a session that is cast is a nested session, participants on the Audience Web App and moderators using the Moderator Panel will be instantly redirected to the session that is being cast and will not be able to navigate away from that session.
Note: Admin users managing the Projector Panel and Admin Panel will be redirected to the cast session, but will be able to navigate to other sessions in both cases.
For the Admin user who initiated the session cast, navigating away from the session that is being cast will stop the session cast.
How to cast a session?
1. In the Admin Panel Agenda page, click to enter a session.
2. The Cast button is located at the top right corner, next to your profile.
3. Click on the Cast button.
4. Once clicked, the Cast button will turn green and the header bar will turn grey, indicating that the session cast has started.
5. If you would like to cast nested sessions within the same session group, simply click on the dropdown button on the header to select which nested session you’d like to cast.
6. Click on the Cast button on the respective nested session to cast it.
Note: You cannot cast 2 nested sessions within the same session group at the same time.
Note: Before redirecting your participants to the next session, do ensure that they have submitted their questions or votes. Once you cast a new session, any incomplete submissions (eg. typing a question) will not be captured in the system.
Audience Web App
When a session is cast, participants who are within the session group on the Audience Web App will be instantly redirected to the session that is being cast.
Note: Participants in the Agenda page will not be redirected to the session that’s being cast as they did not click into any session. Participants will only be affected if they are in any session in the group the session was cast from.
Participants on the Audience Web App, will not be able to exit the session to view another session, until the session cast is stopped. However, when you cast a session with nested sessions, participants will be able to access and participate in all nested sessions.
How to stop casting a session?
1. To stop casting a session, you can click on the same Cast button on the header bar in the Admin Panel. When you hover over the Cast button, a prompt to ‘Stop casting’ will appear.
2. Alternatively, you can click on the back arrow to navigate away from the page on the Admin Panel.
Doing so will prompt the following confirmation modal.
How to stop casting another Admin’s session?
If there are multiple admins managing the Admin Panel during your event, it is possible for an admin to stop casting a session that was cast by another admin. The admin that started the session cast would then receive a notification as shown below.
Note: Admin Users accessing the Admin Panel from a different device will be considered a new admin user.
Note: You can cast two different session groups within the same Pigeonhole at the same time, but they must be cast from a different device (i.e. different laptop or at least browser).
Audience Web App
After you have stopped casting the nested session, participants will be redirected back to the respective sessions they were viewing before the session cast.
Test casting your sessions
You can test casting any sessions by enabling the Test Mode. Any data from the casting will be captured in a separate set of data.