- How to set up the Pigeonhole Live app for Zoom Meetings?
- How to edit a Q&A from the Admin View?
- How to use Admin View to moderate Q&As?
- How to use Admin View to manage settings and send announcements?
- How to uninstall the Pigeonhole Live app from your Zoom account?
Requirements for using the Pigeonhole Live app for Zoom
Looking to set up Pigeonhole Live app for Zoom Webinars? Click here.
How to set up the Pigeonhole Live app for the first time?
There are three places where you can find the Pigeonhole Live app for Zoom Meetings:
- Through this direct link
- The app listing on marketplace.zoom.us.
- When the app is sent to you by your attendees or meeting host during a Zoom Meeting
1. In the app listing on the Apps Marketplace, click Install.
Note: Some apps may require pre-approval from your admin. You can request it by simply clicking on Request pre-approval in the app listing or contacting your organisation admin for Zoom directly.
2. The app will launch your Zoom desktop app. Log in to your Pigeonhole Live account to connect it to the Pigeonhole Live app for Zoom. You are required to log in to your Pigeonhole Live account using the same email address as your Zoom account.
Note: If your existing Pigeonhole Live account uses a different email address from your Zoom account, please contact us to update your Pigeonhole Live account’s email address.
3. If you have multiple workspaces associated with your account, select the workspace you would like to use to create Q&As in for your meetings. Select Set default workspace if you would like all future meeting Q&As to be created in this workspace.
4. If you have multiple plans associated with your workspace, select the plan you would like to use to create Q&As in for your meetings. Select Set default plan if you would like all future meeting Q&As to be created from this plan.
Note: If you only have one workspace and/or plan associated with your account, then steps 3 and 4 will be skipped.
5. You’re all set! Simply start a new or scheduled meeting to start using this app.
How to launch the Pigeonhole Live app?
1. Start a new or scheduled meeting and click on the Apps icon on the bottom right of your window.
2. Under the My Apps tab, Click Open on the Pigeonhole Live app.
3. You may choose to create a new session for this meeting or select an existing Pigeonhole that you’ve created in your Pigeonhole Live Workspace.
If you select +New session, a Regular session with a Q&A will be automatically created for you. You can create multiple choice polls and word clouds directly in the app.
Learn how to create other sessions from the Admin View:
4. If you want to use an existing session that you've created on the Pigeonhole Live Workspace, select the Pigeonhole that you’ve created in the dropdown menu. Then, select the session you would like to load.
The session you have selected (and its nested sessions) will load in your Zoom Meeting. You can create more multiple choice polls and word clouds directly in the Pigeonhole Live App for Zoom.
When creating a Pigeonhole in your Workspace for the purpose of a Zoom Meeting, we recommend that you follow the following setup:
First, create a Regular session. Then, create all the Q&As, Polls, Quizzes, and Surveys you would like to load in your Zoom Meeting and nest them under the Regular session. Finally, select the Regular session when loading a session on the Pigeonhole Live App for Zoom.
5. Click on the Send button at the top of the page and send the app to your meeting participants. Your participants do not need to sign in to start submitting questions.
6. Click on "with this link” to copy your Projector Panel link.
7. Then, paste the Projector Panel link in a browser window. Click on the Share button at the bottom of your meeting window to share your browser window screen to show the Projector Panel to your meeting participants.
Note: Do not click on the Share button at the top of the Pigeonhole Live app window. This will share your Admin View to your meeting attendees and question moderation will be visible to them.
The Pigeonhole Live Admin View in your meeting window will not be visible to your meeting participants if you share your browser window screen, unless you have enabled the setting "Show Zoom windows during screen share". Please disable this setting if you would like to share your screen during a Zoom meeting with the Admin View open.
8. If you have not connected your Pigeonhole Live account, you need to log in to connect it following steps 4-6 in the section above.
Meeting owner and host roles to note:
- If the meeting owner is not present in the meeting, a Q&A will not be created for the meeting even if the Pigeonhole Live app is launched.
- If the meeting owner leaves the meeting and assigns a co-host/host before leaving, the host will be able to view and manage the Admin View after refreshing the app. The new host will need to sign in to the Pigeonhole Live account before they are able to view the Admin View.
As a meeting owner, you can also share a direct link to the Admin Panel to your host outside of the meeting to allow them to manage Pigeonhole Live.
9. If you would like to bring your attendees’ focus to a specific session, click on the Cast button to instantly redirect your attendees to your chosen sessions on the Audience View.
How to edit a Q&A from the Admin View?
With the Edit button, you can easily make changes to:
- Q&A name
- Q&A settings
There are two ways to edit a Q&A session.
1. In the Agenda page, click on the Edit button of the Q&A session you want to edit.
2. Alternatively, you can click directly on the Q&A session you want to edit.
3. Then, click on the Controls icon.
4. Under Session settings, click on the Edit button.
5. You can edit the Q&A name and/or Q&A settings here.
Note: Any changes you make to the Q&A settings during the meeting will only take effect on new responses submitted after the changes are saved.
6. Save your edits by clicking Save Q&A.
7. A confirmation prompt will appear once you have successfully made your edits.
8. If you decide not to make any edits, simply click Cancel.
9. A prompt will appear for you to confirm your decision. If you click Leave, any edits made will not be saved. If you choose to Stay on Page, you can continue editing the Q&A session.
How to moderate questions and comments in the Admin View?
1. First, click into the Q&A session on the Pigeonhole Live app for Zoom.
2. If question filtering is turned on, all submitted questions will first appear in the Pending tab in the admin view.
Click on Allow to approve a question and Dismiss to dismiss the question. All approved and dismissed questions will be moved to the Allowed and Dismissed tabs respectively.
3. To edit a question, click on the ellipsis icon next to the question and select Edit. Make the necessary edits, and click Save.
4. To moderate comments, click on the drop down next to Questions, and switch to the Comments tab and follow the same steps as above.
How to use the Admin View to manage settings and send announcements?
As a meeting owner, you will have an exclusive Admin View for the Pigeonhole Live app for Zoom. You can use the Admin View to manage session settings and send announcements.
1. To manage Q&A settings, click on the settings icon in the orange header in the Q&A session.
Here you can change your Q&A end time, manage settings for your Q&A and any additional sessions you’ve added to this meeting.
The Q&As that are created automatically in the Pigeonhole Live app for Zoom will have the following default settings:
- Accept new questions turned on
- Question filtering turned off
- Comment filtering turned off
- Hide session turned off
You can send reminders and prompts to your meeting participants during the meeting using the announcements feature.
1. Simply click on the settings icon.
2. Click on the Announcement tab. Type out your announcement and select the session you would like your announcement to appear in. Then, you can send the announcement immediately by clicking Send, or save it for later.
How to uninstall the Pigeonhole Live app from your Zoom account?
- Login to your Zoom Account and navigate to the Zoom Apps Marketplace.
- Click Manage > Installed Apps or search for the Pigeonhole Live app.
- Click the Pigeonhole Live app.
- Click Uninstall.