This article will walk you through the steps for setting up Attendee Single Sign-on (SSO) for Auth0. First, refer to this article to complete the initial steps of setting up SSO.
Once you've completed the necessary steps follow the instructions below to continue SSO configuration for Auth0.
1. Go to your Pigeonhole Live account. Click on your Profile > SSO Configuration.
2. Click on the Attendees tab and complete the two-step setup.
Configure Attributes on your IdP: Auth0
- Open Auth0, select Application, then select the SAML application which will be used in Pigeonhole Live.
- Open Add ons tab and open SAML2 Web App
- Fill the
- Update the Settings with the following mapping:
Fill in the SAML parameters you obtained from Auth0
1. Fill in a name for your SSO Profile name according to your organisation's SSO naming convention.
2. Then, fill in the details you obtained from Auth0 or upload the Metadata file provided, and click save.
3. After you have completed the steps above, return to your Team Workspace.
By default, your Pigeonholes are not configured to require SSO for attendees. To turn on SSO for your attendees, go to Pigeonhole> More settings > Security. Under Single Sign-On for Attendees, select the Attendee SSO Profile that you want to enable and click save.
If you wish to turn off Attendee SSO, select none.
What will your attendees see when Attendee SSO is enabled?
When your event attendees enter your Event Passcode or scan your Event QR code, they will be brought to your Auth0 domain to be authenticated. Only after successful authentication will they be redirected to your Pigeonhole where they can start engaging.
Note: You can only make one sign-in option (SSO for attendees or Pre-created Attendees Profile) available at any one time. The other sign-in option will be disabled when either is selected.