This article covers:
- What is the Online Participants Chart?
- How to use the Online Participants Chart?
- How does the chart function at different stages of the event?
- How is the participant count calculated at different time intervals?
- Can I use the chart in Test Mode?
- Can I share the chart with my Team Members?
- Can I view the chart from all devices?
What is the Online Participants Chart?
The Online Participants Chart is a real-time chart that details the number of unique participants connected to your Pigeonhole event at specific time intervals.
You can access the live chart on your Workspace.
How to use the Online Participants Chart?
On your Pigeonhole, go to Insights > Overview. The overview page contains the total participant count, followed by the Online Participants Chart.
1. The total participant count is the total number of participants that were connected to your Event Pigeonhole throughout the duration of your event. Do note that participant count is measured as a new user sign-in on the Audience Web App or when a user enters an interactive session. If a user uses multiple devices to sign-in, each device will increase the participant count by one. Multiple logins from the same device will be counted as one participant.
2. Below, you will see the Online Participants Chart that breaks down the unique number of participants who are online on your Pigeonhole event by specific time intervals.
3. The chart shows an overview of the unique participant count across the whole event period. You can view specific time periods within the event through the:
1. Filter function
Define a time range from the drop-down or set your own custom range to view. Once you have selected a range, you can filter the data further by intervals of days, hours, minutes or 10 seconds using the Interval function.
Alternatively, you can click and drag on the chart to define a time period to zoom in to as shown below.
How does the chart function at different stages of the event?
The Online Participants Chart functions in three different ways, depending on the stage of your event:
1. Event is Upcoming
If your event has not started, you will need to refresh the Insights page to view the most recent number of participants who are online on your Pigeonhole event. The chart will not be automatically updated with participant activity until the event starts.
2. Event is Live
When your event is live, the Online Participants Chart will automatically be updated with the most recent still on the number of unique participants on your Pigeonhole event.
The update frequency cannot be adjusted.
3. Event has Ended
Once your Pigeonhole event has ended, participant activity will not be tracked. However, all data captured during your event is available in the Insights page.
How is the participant count calculated at different time intervals?
Each data point in the chart shows the unique number of participants who are online for the specified time period. As a result, the number of unique participants changes based on the specified time interval.
For instance, when filtered by the hour, the chart shows 27 unique participants within the 2 pm to 3 pm interval.
When filtered by minutes, you will observe that the number of unique participants is 15 at 2:01 pm, 16 at 2:02 pm, 15 at 2:03 pm.
Note: The number of unique participants at the hourly interval is not a sum of the number of unique participants at each minute within the hourly interval. Instead, the chart shows the number of unique participants that came online during the specified time interval.
Fluctuations in your live chart are caused by participants going online and offline during your event. When participants leave your event page on Pigeonhole Live by switching tabs, they are considered to have gone offline.
You may also find that your highest unique number of participants at any point is lower than the total number of participants that attended your event. This is because your participants connected to Pigeonhole Live at different times throughout the event.
If you notice that the total number of participants on Pigeonhole Live is higher than the actual number of participants that attended your event, it may be an indication that some participants connected with two devices.
Can I use the chart in Test Mode?
Participant data is not tracked or recorded during Test Mode. Note that you have to turn Test Mode off if you want to start tracking participant activity.
Can I share the chart with my Team Members?
The copy link function allows you to share specific data points with your team members on your Team Account. You can also bookmark specific data points for future reference as live charts cannot be exported.
Can I view the chart from all devices?
The complete functionality of viewing and zooming into specific data points on live charts is available on all devices including tablets and mobile phones.