This feature is available only on Engage and Captivate Plans for Q&A interactive sessions. If you purchased a Manage Plan, question filtering is not supported. There are also no add-ons that you can purchase to add this to your Manage Plan.
This article explains how question filtering works and what circumstances this feature would be useful in.
How does question filtering work?
With question filtering enabled, when an attendee submits a question on the Audience Web App, a prompt will inform him/her that the question is awaiting moderation. The question then appears only on the Admin Panel. It never appears on the Moderator and Projector Panels or the Audience Web App. Only after the question is allowed does it appear on the Audience Web App and both Moderator and Projector Panels.
Similarly, when a question is blocked, the question will never appear on the Audience Web App or the Moderator and Projector Panels. The attendee who posted the question is also not notified that his/her question has been blocked. To the attendee, the question simply never appears.
Questions that have not been allowed will also not be voted on, as the question never appears on the Audience Web App where attendees can vote on them. Question filtering essentially provides the ease of mind knowing you'll never be caught in a situation where an unwanted question is up on the Projector Panel.
When should I use question filtering?
This feature is useful when you wish to curate and control the content in the Q∓A session. Some examples include:
- Limiting questions to certain topics only
- Maintaining a certain quality of the question content, editing any spelling or grammatical errors
- Preventing offensive or inappropriate questions
How can I enable or disable question filtering?
There are two ways you can do this:
- When adding or editing the Q&A session, you can enablie or disable question filtering in the Q&A options, or
- Using the Admin Panel, select the Q&A session, then click on the Settings button (top-right icon with 3 horizontal lines), then toggle the question filtering option
You can enable or disable question filtering anytime, even when the Q&A session is ongoing/live. The setting takes immediate effect for any subsequent new questions submitted.